Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sixers choosing Derrick Favors over Evan Turner


So I was reading Chad Fords' new mock draft stating that Evan Turner might not be a good fit next to Andre Iguodala, and that some people in the Sixers organization would choose to pick Derrick Favors. Now the idea that Turner can't play next to Iguodala seems incorrect to me, for one Turner could play on the perimeter having a better mid range game and have Iggy as a slasher. Now to support the idea of choosing Favors, I can where the Sixers will need to add a big man and he could fit that bill as well as, Cousins but with his attitude issues Favors is the safer pick. With Sammy not being a starter center in the league and with a desirable contract to attract trade offers, they could get a piece to fit their system.
However, if they do go this route I would trade the second pick to the Wolves, who love Evan Turner and in hand receive their fourth and I believe sixteen pick, leaving the sixers to still choose a big man and get an additional pick and still look into trading Sammy. All I ask is that they make the right decision, they are known for passing on great talent such as a Paul Peirce, so if they choose Favors he better be Dwight, and turner better not turn into a superstar which I believe he can be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be a mistake, Turner all the way.